Plumbing design usually deals with water distribution and drainage systems, water efficiency, CP & Sanitary fixtures orientation design, waste water treatment process and firefighting systems. The plumbing designer is involved with systems that overlap into the mechanical, civil & chemical engineering discipline. Plumbing designer is a key position to influence the water efficiency Fire fighting design deals with fire protection engineering fundamentals, water supply for fire protection, fire extinguishing, fire alarm systems, special occupancies and hazards, and storage of flammable and hazardous materials.
PLUMBING - COURSE CONTENT
- Common Sanitary Fixtures Details : Standard trap pipe & discharge pipe sizes, Standard slopes for the discharge pipes : (a) Wash basin, (b) Water closet (c) Showers (d) Sinks (e) Bath tubs (f) Bidets (g) Urinals (h) Floor drains (Floor Gullies).
- Lay out of sanitary fixtures in toilets. Formula for flow through pipes : (a) Darcy formula (b) Chezys formula (c) Manning formula (d) Hazen formula (e) Reynolds Number (Laminar / Turbulent Flow).
- Water supply in building : (a) Direct system ( b) Pumped system.
- Ground level (or) underground reservoir sizing.
- Elevated roof tank (Storage cistern) sizing.
- Pump selection (HP, Watts).
- Water pipe sizing in Buildings.
- Minimum number of smaller diameter water pipes that can be connected to bigger diameter pipes. Plumbers chart for pipe sizing, Box formula.
- Foul water drain in building stack, Branch drain/discharge pipe horizontal drain. Fixture unit rating,
- Septic tank, Soak away pits, Dispersion trenches designing.
- Designing of Storm Water Drainage in buildings.
- Auto pneumatic system, Pressure Tank Sizing.
- External water supply for building. Garden water supply & fountain water pipe sizing, Calculation of storage tank, Garden water fountain designing, Fountain pump selection.
- Estimating Hot Water Demand, Heater Capacity selection.
- Flush Water & Potable Water Loop sizing - (Software).
- Designing of common appurtenances, Inspection chambers and Junction manholes.
- Detailing of plumbing services & preparing plumbing drawing, Isometric Drawings.
- Working drawings preparation.
ELIGIBILITY : M-Tech/B-Tech/Diploma/ITI
COURSE DURATION: 3MONTHS
STANDARDS: IPC(INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE),NFPA,NBC,FSAI,DCDA